ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Resurrecting the Writing Challenge

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Postby NickyDude » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:35 pm

As it seems we have an influx of adventure fans I was thinking of resurrecting the Writing Challenge. What do you guys think?
ImageI reject your reality and substitute my own...
NickyDude

Postby johnphoenix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:56 pm

I think.. Do It. I was going to reply and post my example description after I got my yard work done. I noticed there were no other replies and figured the posts got purged - I could not be the only post in the past 6 years LOL.

As a non writer, writer wannabe, writing challenged person, and general all around goofball, I figure I need all the writing help I can get.

I would also like to see different types of writing challenges. I think some people love the idea of using Adrift to make a game, but have no writing experience especially in this genre and feel they don't know how to start. If you could slowly work up to a tutorial on writing IF that would be a big help and a boon to Adrift.
johnphoenix

Postby Duncan_B » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:43 pm

I'd be down with this, though I feel compelled to mention that while the Writing Spiels (when I held them) produced some interesting work, they did not produce a prolific stream of volunteers. I'll try to throw in if I can, but please be prepared to accept small returns with the best intentions.
Duncan_B

Return to General IF