ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Are We Too Positive?

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Re: Are We Too Positive?

Postby dannychabino » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Oh, I didn't mean I was leaving or anything. I was just stating an opinion and saying that I had stated it well enough already without beleaguring anything. As I get more familiar with V5 after not having used Adrift for a while, I'll participate in other discussions where I can, and I'm hoping at some point down the road in helping with beta testing (and hoping for some reciprocation).
dannychabino

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Sounds good to me 8)
Anyway, I must admit that I prefer Lumin's way of reviewing a game. To me it gives much more info and help.
Although Escape from Camelot may deserve what it got review wise, it keeps being pulled out of the bag everytime anyone mentions that reviews are unfair or too negative. There are lots of other games out there. Games that aren't the 20 minutes / 2K games (I like that phrase) It shouldn't be hard to tell if an author has used the 20 minutes before the schoolbus arrives or has put is a serious author.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 64Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby DCBSupafly » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 pm

ITT: Lots of awesome. Or is that just me being too positive?

I especially enjoyed Mean IF reviews, even though the comments/jokes he makes were rarely funny, the site is so funny I think I'm ready to request a review of one of my adventures. Perhaps Big City Laundry, which is deserving of this kind of lampoonery.

While not an answer to the question 'Are we too positive,' I think we are too lazy and too bashful. If comp reviews were anonymous and mixed together, people would be mean, simple as that. I don't like being mean or scoring low, but under the guise of anonymity, it's easier. If mean = fair, then okay. Also, if we had easier ways to review quickly, we'd do it more, then again many of those reviews wouldn't be useful.
DCBSupafly

Previous

Return to General IF