ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Okay so yes we probably are too isolated

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Re: Okay so yes we probably are too isolated

Postby rotter » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Lumin wrote:I don't know how many of you are paying attention to the IFDB right now, but it's kind of neat how almost all fifty of the newest activity notices are related to ADRIFT. :bravo: Get on there and let's keep this trend going!

Well, I've complained that people here aren't playing. So, I decided to put some time aside and play. I assume others have been doing the same. :bravo:
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Re: Okay so yes we probably are too isolated

Postby Gio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 am

Lumin wrote:So, any thoughts on how to do that?

The first couple of things that come to mind for me are:

1.) ADRIFT 5 is a huge change from v4, and it being free now is a big deal. How many potential new authors are even aware of these things? At the ifwiki, unless they scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see the single line about v5 being fully available, the first thing anyone's going to see is "While ADRIFT games can be played for free, the latest version of the ADRIFT Generator, version 4.0 is shareware and costs $17 to register. (If you do not register ADRIFT 4.0 it is limited to: 10 rooms, 25 objects, 25 tasks, 5 events, 3 characters, 2 roomgroups, 10 synonyms, and 5 variables)."

This, at least, is now fixed. That whole article really needs to be cleaned up, however, by someone a little more knowledgeable in modern ADRIFT developments than I.
Gio

Previous

Return to General IF