ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Authenticy Undefined

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Authenticy Undefined

Postby Samkid882 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 pm

If you did not know, my company is called Dream Designs. Look us up on FB or Twitter.

Authenticy Undefined is an upcoming text based rpg game by Dream Designs. Here is the trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__nwo_gaJk&list=LLkXSv4OF2tsnkmpZshnLnuQ&feature=mh_lolz
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Re: Authenticy Undefined

Postby David Whyld » Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Um... what trailer? All I could see was a black background with a few words on it and some music you'd likely pinched off some site. And no mention at all of what the game itself is even about.

If you're looking for negative comments, you're certainly going about it the right way.
David Whyld

Postby Samkid882 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 pm

You just didn't see the beauty that was in the trailer. All you saw was a black screen. Have you seen the movie Eraserhead by David Lynch? The movie is extremely slow and in black and white, but there are some people who see the beauty in it...

Besides, how exactly do you make a trailer with moving pictures if it's a text based game?

EDIT: Forgot to add this to my first reply, but the reason there is no story yet is because it's a debut trailer. Most debut trailers don't have anything about the story, because they just mean that the game, movie, or tv show has been announced.
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Postby David Whyld » Tue May 15, 2012 11:34 pm

There's a big difference between seeing beauty in a black and white film and seeing beauty in a "trailer" which is just music on a black background for a game which doesn't even have any story...

Aaagh, why am I even bothering? You're not going to listen anyway. No matter what anyone says, you'll just upload more of this stuff, more unfinished demos, more badly done tutorials, etc. I can't decide if you're a troll or just some well-meaning newbie, but either way trying to reason with you is an exercise in futility.
David Whyld

Postby Samkid882 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:22 am

I haven't uploaded an unfinished demo in a while, and I don't think my tutorials are truly as bad as you think they are. I assure you I am NOT a troll, please try your absolute hardest to respect that.

Remember, I'm only a newbie to all of this. You're acting as if I've been with adrift for years.

EDIT: I'm sorry that you feel that I don't listen, but there's advice on what I can do, and orders that I must do. I just choose to take some of your advice, but to scrap the rest.
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Postby P/o Prune » Wed May 16, 2012 7:03 am

There's an old indian saying:
It's better to keep silent and let people believe you're an idiot, than talk and remove any doubt ... :wink:
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
True North 17Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lazzah » Wed May 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Samkid882 wrote:Remember, I'm only a newbie to all of this. You're acting as if I've been with adrift for years.

No, I rather think it is YOU who is acting as if you have been with ADRIFT for years! If you are the newbie that you claim to be, how come you are suddenly so knowledgeable that you think you can create video tutorials, you've only been using ADRIFT for about a month? This is all just attention-seeking. Well, don't say you weren't warned......
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Postby Samkid882 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Lazzah: Note that my video tutorials are being based off of the adrift wiki, and are not by memory. Think of them as the wiki in a video format.

EDIT: Besides, how about YOU make a video tutorial! You've been on this wiki for a whole year, so why don't you tell us about your vast knowledge? I'm the only one who actually devotes his time to creating video tutorials, so please, enough with the negative feedback!

BTW, I was serious about you or someone else making a video tutorial, if someone could do that, then thats when I'll stop posting my own tutorials. I think we have a deal set up...
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Postby David Whyld » Wed May 16, 2012 3:31 pm

How about we make a deal, Sam? You and me. You stop posting this drivel and I'll agree to not ban you. Okay?
David Whyld

Postby P/o Prune » Wed May 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Samkid882 wrote:snip
I'm the only one who actually devotes his time to creating video tutorials, so please, enough with the negative feedback!

The problem Tayler, is that what you are making are NOT tutorials. I don't know what they are, but they are certainly not tutorials.

I'm with David on this one. You may not realize it, Tyler, but your "videos" are not helping anyone, least of all "would be" Drifters.
People have been trying to help you and guide you, but you don't listen.
True North 17Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Samkid882 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 pm

David: Deal agreed. David, I have a proposition... how about we all unite and create one big video game. That way I can learn what is right and wrong. But, I'm assuming you'll turn down my proposition because you and everyone else on these forums hate me dearly. Am I right? I'm REALLY REALLY sorry for all of that nonsense I've posted earlier! The unfinished demos, the poorly made video tutorials, please forgive me! I promise I'll do better!

Po. Prune: I've got an idea... do you have Skype and a microphone? Let's make some tutorials together... that way you can help me out!

EDIT: Everyone, this topic was only me expressing myself in the Adrift world, but you guys have turned it into a war zone. I can't take you all on, because you'll simply ban me. I want to be on all of your guys' sides, so we can end this silly war against me and the people who wish I never joined these forums!
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Postby P/o Prune » Wed May 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Po. Prune: I've got an idea... do you have Skype and a microphone? Let's make some tutorials together... that way you can help me out!

This is the difference between you and me.
Although I've been drifting since the 3.90 came out and have been working with the V.5 since Campbell asked me if I wanted to give it a test run I am nowhere near understanding the true potentials of it. I realize that and know my limitations.
True North 17Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Samkid882 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Simple solution, I'll start working with v.4.0, and we can make a tutorial about that! And what about that idea of uniting together and creating a video game? I'm going to start a new topic expressing my idea of that. And, Campbell, if your out there, support me on this. It's a good idea and having a few tips from the creator of Adrift would help dearly.
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Postby Lazzah » Wed May 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Samkid882 wrote:Simple solution, I'll start working with v.4.0, and we can make a tutorial about that! And what about that idea of uniting together and creating a video game? I'm going to start a new topic expressing my idea of that. And, Campbell, if your out there, support me on this. It's a good idea and having a few tips from the creator of Adrift would help dearly.

Tyler, you are desperate for respect and recognition, that is plainly obvious. You are not prepared to work for it by learning how to use ADRIFT and, in the fullness of time, create a really good IF game. No siree, you want respect and recognition NOW! Well, my friend, you have come to the wrong place and are using the wrong tactics.

You asked why I don't use my "vast knowledge" of ADRIFT to make a tutorial? Simple: firstly, I do not claim, and have never claimed, to have a "vast knowledge" of ADRIFT. There are Drifters on this forum who are infinitely more knowledgeable than me when it comes to using ADRIFT and knock spots off me when it comes to their programming skill. Secondly, I would not have a clue how to go about making a tutorial, even if I wanted to, which I don't.
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Postby David Whyld » Wed May 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Samkid882 wrote:David: Deal agreed. David, I have a proposition... how about we all unite and create one big video game. That way I can learn what is right and wrong. But, I'm assuming you'll turn down my proposition because you and everyone else on these forums hate me dearly. Am I right? I'm REALLY REALLY sorry for all of that nonsense I've posted earlier! The unfinished demos, the poorly made video tutorials, please forgive me! I promise I'll do better!

You're damn right I'd turn you down. You're the worse thing that's happened to this forum in years, and as for the idea of me writing a game with you? Dear God no. I'd sooner collaborate with Pudlo. (And if you are Pudlo, well done. Consider me trolled.)
David Whyld

Next

Return to General IF