ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Game announment and beta testing topic

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Would having a Game anouncement and Beta testing topic in the forum be a good idea?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:27 am

Yes. it would be a useful feature.
78%
No, I wouldn't use it anyway.
22%

Total votes : 9

Game announment and beta testing topic

Postby P/o Prune » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 am

I've been looking at the IntFiction.org website and wonder if it would be a neat idea to have a topic like they do:
Game anouncement and Beta testing.
A place where authors can announce new completed games and ask for beta testers.
It's a pain trying to ask for beta testers in the general forum since the request will drown in the other posts.
Just a thought.
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 Fourth beta test in progress.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Game announment and beta testing topic

Postby Mystery » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 pm

I voted no (sorry). It's been done before, and judging by its lack of use...it's pretty..well..useless. At some point in time there was also a thread where people could volunteer to test etc. but that also turned out to be a bust. If it were to be done again, I wouldn't lump the two (beta testing & game announcements) into one thread. If you do decide to go ahead with it. It should probably be pinned to the top of one of the boards to make it more easily accessible. Whatever happens, good luck!

And yes...I'm going to state the obvious here and point out the missing "ce" in announment in the tite. <3
~Myst~
Mystery

Postby Lazzah » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Mystery wrote:I voted no (sorry). It's been done before, and judging by its lack of use...it's pretty..well..useless. At some point in time there was also a thread where people could volunteer to test etc. but that also turned out to be a bust. If it were to be done again, I wouldn't lump the two (beta testing & game announcements) into one thread. If you do decide to go ahead with it. It should probably be pinned to the top of one of the boards to make it more easily accessible. Whatever happens, good luck!

I agree with you that there should be separate threads, but I for one would most certainly use a "Beta-Testers Required" thread, for my present adventure and for future projects.
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Postby David Whyld » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:45 pm

No from me. We've had this sort of thing before and it's never generated enough use to be worthwhile. If anything, I'd like to see less sections on the forum as the majority now only see minor use and it makes the forum seem less lifeless than ever when you see so little activity spread across so many sections.
David Whyld

Postby P/o Prune » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:00 pm

I know it's been tried before. But some people leave and others arrive.
The topic over at Intfiction.org seems pretty well visited, and, although, I know they have a bigger audience than this forum I thought I'd give it another go.
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 Fourth beta test in progress.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Return to General IF