ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

At last, after 6 months a request for help!

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

At last, after 6 months a request for help!

Postby Lazzah » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi all,

Six months and over 200 downloads after releasing "The Fortress of Fear" I have at last had a request for help from a player.....who found some bugs! :-(

The player, who is in Germany, was stuck and on reading what he had done, I realised there was a bug with a work-around for a particular puzzle, which - if you played the game wrong - left you in an unwinnable situation as a task would not work. I have now corrected this and tested it.

This guy also seems to have triggered a secret door to be open when it should not be - and I cannot for the life of me figure out how he has done it!

He found a couple of other minor bugs which I corrected and I have now uploaded a new version of the game into Dropbox (see link below). I have sent an amended blorb to Campbell who I hope will replace the current bugged version with the new unbugged one.

Here's to finding the NEXT bug!
Last edited by Lazzah on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: At last some feedback...and it's bad news!

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:18 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Lazzah...
But I guess it just goes to prove that no matter how thoroughly you test a game, something will always slip through...
I'm sure the bugs dug three tunnels, naming them Tom, Dick and Harry, and while you were distracted by the others jumping over that wooden thingy. they were digging their way into your game. rofl
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Return to General IF