ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

New Game - "Run, Bronwynn, Run!"

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

New Game - "Run, Bronwynn, Run!"

Postby Lazzah » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi folks,

I have just uploaded my latest game to the ADRIFT website. It is a stand-alone adventure set in the world of Alaric Blackmoon. You can download it as a blorb or a zipped executable file at http://www.adrift.co/game/1503.

I do hope you will enjoy playing it, any comments, criticisms or bugs most welcome!
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Re: New Game - "Run, Bronwynn, Run!"

Postby catman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi Lazzah,

Using Windows Vista. I do not have ADRIFT installed.
I downloaded and unzipped the zipped executable. I cannot seem to run/load the game. I get these 3 messageboxes in succession:
Attachments
rbr3.jpg
rbr3.jpg (58.32 KiB) Viewed 820 times
rbr2.jpg
rbr2.jpg (22.71 KiB) Viewed 820 times
rbr1.jpg
rbr1.jpg (43.21 KiB) Viewed 820 times
Author of: ThinBasic Adventure Builder (TAB)
Text Adventure/Interactive Fiction Maker for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and above platform.

Download TAB + demos + tutorial
http://tab.thinbasic.com/
catman

Postby Lazzah » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 am

Hi Catman,

Sorry, I have no idea why you are getting these error messages. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable Drifters can help?
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Postby Lumin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:35 pm

I only have Windows 10 so I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I'll test it out when I get home. It sounds like it's just not recognizing a font the game uses, as near as I can puzzle out from that.
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby Lazzah » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 am

It is very interesting to see that very few people have downloaded this game since I released it. Is it because the main character is a woman? Perhaps the storyline doesn't appeal to many players?
Lazzah

Postby rotter » Sat May 12, 2018 6:56 am

Lazzah wrote:It is very interesting to see that very few people have downloaded this game since I released it. Is it because the main character is a woman? Perhaps the storyline doesn't appeal to many players?

Wouldn't have thought so, I had a female player character in my game Word of the Day. It was an alien female, so don't know if that makes a difference. As for few downloads well over here very few people play IF, in the wider IF world I blame the V5 runner. It is Windows based in a non-Windows world, no working online version and limited support for non-Microsoft options.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Return to Game Discussions