ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Games for runner 5

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

Games for runner 5

Postby AzDadBear » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Although there is no visible notice, every game referenced on the website seems to be written in version 4 and we are warned when trying to run it that it won't play in 5. It would be nice if there were some indication on the list on the home page that version 4 games (list) will not run on version 5 and here are the version 5 games that will. It is annoying to go through each of the games listed and being told on the title page it won't play in 5, and having to go through the bother of downloading and installing runner 4. Am I correct that there are no version 5 games available?

:Thanks:
AzDadBear

Re: Games for runner 5

Postby Lazzah » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:18 am

Hi AzDadBear,

Welcome to the forum, we hope you will enjoy your stay.

Yes, I agree that there should be some indication which games are ADRIFT 5 and which are ADRIFT 4 or earlier - maybe Campbell could introduce a symbol indicating which are which.

There are indeed lots of games that are ADRIFT 5, I have altered my own listing for "The Fortress of Fear" to indicate it is ADRIFT 5 only.
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby rotter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 am

Hi AzDadBear, welcome to forum.

My website has a reasonable up-to-date list of ADRIFT games and does indicate whether they were written for version 3, 4 or 5.

Delron ADRIFT Games List

You can download them from my site or come back here and obtain from the main site.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Postby Campbell » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 pm

If the game is uploaded as a TAF and has no cover art, the icon will display a small number in the bottom right stating which version it is.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to Game Discussions