ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Question about an old text game.

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

Question about an old text game.

Postby Microfrog » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:34 pm

I used to download and play free text adventure games when I was a youngin' on AOL Games back during the age of dial up internet, and there are a few (as well as non-text adventure games) that I've diligently searched out for for the past few years. I've found most, but some still allude me.

One game in particular, a text adventure, had a name I can't for the life of me remember or remember much about to use Google sorcery and come up with anything. Basically, it was a game where you played as a member of some sort of rock band, but you lost your instruments or something. The whole objective of the game was to go out into a wacky adventure to acquire instruments.

I believe I remember one of the instruments being an electric guitar that you acquired from on top of a building or something.

If anybody can help, I'd be eternally grateful and would send you a beer. Thanks. :wink:
Current Project: Alchemancer
Microfrog

Re: Question about an old text game.

Postby ralphmerridew » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:45 am

Sounds like "The Broken String" (TADS 2)

http://ifarchive.giga.or.at/indexes/if- ... Xtads.html
broken.zip
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Re: Question about an old text game.

Postby Microfrog » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Oh wow. Yeah, that's the exact game I was looking for. Thanks! :yeah:
Current Project: Alchemancer
Microfrog

Return to Game Discussions