ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

New Game - "Run, Bronwynn, Run!"

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

New Game - "Run, Bronwynn, Run!"

Postby Lazzah » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi folks,

I have just uploaded my latest game to the ADRIFT website. It is a stand-alone adventure set in the world of Alaric Blackmoon. You can download it as a blorb or a zipped executable file at http://www.adrift.co/game/1503.

I do hope you will enjoy playing it, any comments, criticisms or bugs most welcome!
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: New Game - "Run, Bronwynn, Run!"

Postby catman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi Lazzah,

Using Windows Vista. I do not have ADRIFT installed.
I downloaded and unzipped the zipped executable. I cannot seem to run/load the game. I get these 3 messageboxes in succession:
Attachments
rbr3.jpg
rbr3.jpg (58.32 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
rbr2.jpg
rbr2.jpg (22.71 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
rbr1.jpg
rbr1.jpg (43.21 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Author of: ThinBasic Adventure Builder (TAB)
Text Adventure/Interactive Fiction Maker for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and above platform.

Download TAB + demos + tutorial
http://tab.thinbasic.com/
catman

Postby Lazzah » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 am

Hi Catman,

Sorry, I have no idea why you are getting these error messages. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable Drifters can help?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby Lumin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:35 pm

I only have Windows 10 so I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I'll test it out when I get home. It sounds like it's just not recognizing a font the game uses, as near as I can puzzle out from that.
Lumin

Postby Lazzah » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 am

It is very interesting to see that very few people have downloaded this game since I released it. Is it because the main character is a woman? Perhaps the storyline doesn't appeal to many players?
Lazzah

Postby rotter » Sat May 12, 2018 6:56 am

Lazzah wrote:It is very interesting to see that very few people have downloaded this game since I released it. Is it because the main character is a woman? Perhaps the storyline doesn't appeal to many players?

Wouldn't have thought so, I had a female player character in my game Word of the Day. It was an alien female, so don't know if that makes a difference. As for few downloads well over here very few people play IF, in the wider IF world I blame the V5 runner. It is Windows based in a non-Windows world, no working online version and limited support for non-Microsoft options.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Return to Game Discussions