ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Missing Game File

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

Missing Game File

Postby Gio » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:15 pm

I was trying to download Cursed and the download link seems to be having an issue or two.

If anyone could locate the "version 2.1" mentioned in the game's description/fix the link, I would greatly appreciate it!
Gio

Re: Missing Game File

Postby Denk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:29 pm

I see what you mean. I don't know if by version 2.1, the author means version 2.01.10. If that is the case, it can be downloaded through the IFDB-page: https://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=jb091lzkdkb44n22

Careful: The game only works properly if you play it with the ADRIFT 4 runner, i.e. if you play it with ADRIFT 5 the game will behave very strange = unplayable.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Postby Gio » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Well! Silly me for not thinking of the ifdb, considering how much time I spend there..

While not a perfect analogy, I am beginning to think of ADRIFT 4 and ADRIFT 5 as two different species, though ones with a common ancestor. I don't know if Campbell still has the source for ADRIFT 4, but if that was released then the ADRIFT 4 "species" would have a better chance of survival.

Aside from that, there are other things that could be done to clarify the divide in a non-confrontational way; the biggest (perhaps) would be to split the local game database into A4 and A5 sections, followed by propagating that distinction into the greater IF community as a whole.

Almost forgot: thanks!
Gio

Postby merrysmith » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:48 pm

I am also facing this type of issue on my iOS device. Is there any iOS version?
merrysmith

Return to Game Discussions