[Help]Ghost town - Help / Hints

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Kennedy wrote:[spoiler]

> You mean other than the hole?
Many thanks, I was wondering what that was!

> It's the gun rack. Better examine it!
Again more thanks!

[/spoiler]
Stain on the floor??

Geez!! Looks like i need to have a word or two with the artist... :O
Ghost town V 1,05: Adrift best game of the year award 2009
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
"D-Day" Prog rep: Feb 16
Char: 5 Events: 5 Tasks: 185 Objects: 156 Rooms: 34... Size 47Kb
madquest8

Post by madquest8 »

LOL

I couldn't get past the cellar... :blush:

I blew all my matches trying to get more light so that I could get to the crates or something... :dancer:

What was that? Examine the dirt? :)
Thingamus

Post by Thingamus »

I blew all my matches trying to get more light
But, lo! Did ye "get lamp"?
Released workes:
Yon Astounding Castle! of some sort: 11th place in Ye Olde IFComp '09 (2.5 stars!).
Pirate's Plunder!: 3rd place in ADRIFT Summer Comp (4 stars!).
Albert is Lost!: An Adventure in Real Life (2 stars!).
Newton (1 star!).
madquest8

Post by madquest8 »

Yeah, I got the lamp, but I thought maybe I didn't light it properly, since I kept getting a message that I didn't have enough light...

I also tried dragging the logs into the cellar to set fire to them, and also burning the crates... rofl
Kennedy

Post by Kennedy »

Think you have to light the lamp before entering the cellar?
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

:p
Get the lamp from the bedroom... and light it just before you enter the cellar...
But be careful.. The lamp won't burn forever... ;)
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
Duncan_B

Post by Duncan_B »

For the record, I've never had any problems with lighting the cellar whilst IN the cellar. You don't have to light it before entering for it to work.
Richarius

Post by Richarius »

Well ..... after 'success' in the cellar, just as I were reading that I had found 'something', I read that someone upstairs was calling out asking if "Anyone here? I'm from the lawyer's office."

So, I turn off the lantern and come upstairs ...... I can't find the person anywhere. I've found evidence THAT a person is here but ...... :(

Ah well. At least I read the backwards help which got me TO my success in the cellar. :)

Now, to find this person that's shown up ......

Loving this game so far. :D
Take care,
Warmth and Peace,
Rich
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Richarius wrote:Well ..... after 'success' in the cellar, just as I were reading that I had found 'something', I read that someone upstairs was calling out asking if "Anyone here? I'm from the lawyer's office."

So, I turn off the lantern and come upstairs ...... I can't find the person anywhere. I've found evidence THAT a person is here but ...... :(

Ah well. At least I read the backwards help which got me TO my success in the cellar. :)

Now, to find this person that's shown up ......

Loving this game so far. :D
Not wanting to ruin the fun for others, I have sent you a private message explaining the problem.
Hope it helps ;)
I'm glad you like the game...
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
omegix

Post by omegix »

I just played this game, and I really enjoyed it!

I did encounter two problems while playing, hopefully someone else can confirm them.

//SPOILERS

The first was probably just a lack of ADRIFT knowledge on my part. I tried "Ask Ninette to Stay" "Tell Ninette Stay" and all sorts of friendly combinations to get her to stay put. "Ninette wait" was finally what I had to use, which was a little specific.

The other gigantic mistake I made was solving the mystery before ever sleeping. Getting 103 open and figuring out how to assemble the bed was the last puzzle I solved. And admittedly, I had to dig into the adrift engine to figure out how to solve the bed.

The result was that I collected all the evidence I needed, slept twice, and then Montana never shows up. Which is required to beat the game.

//SPOILERS

Even though I had to dig into the engine and eventually replay the game to win it, I had a great time playing this game, and loved the attention to detail Cowboy put into all the objects in the game :)