ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Ghost town - "new" release

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

Postby Cowboy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:44 am

Well, let me be the first to write in this forum then :cool:

"Ghost town" is my first "serious" adventure since I started using Adrift many years ago. I am quite proud of what I have accomplished. It is "only" a trailer, but it can be played as an independent game.
I had my doubts whether I should release it or not, but seeing how little action that was going on in the Forum I thought I would give it a try, giving people something to do, while waiting for the release of Adrift V.5
Another reason was that I hoped for some feedback, giving me some ideas about what I could do better (pls. don't flood me! :O ) so the final game would be even better. (I know there are always room for improvements)

You start the game, standing outside an old cabin, with very little clue as what to do, or why you are there.
Normally I wouldn't reveal too much about the game, since realistically you (as the player) wouldn't know much to begin with, except what is written in the crumbled letter you have in your pocket.
Your task is to find out why you are there, and then follow the clues which will hopefully enlighten you, and guide you through the game.

You will find the trailer under the adventures (complete games) and like I mentioned earlier.. Give it a try, if you haven't got anything planned for the day anyway.
Have fun.
Cheers
Ghost town V 1,05: Adrift best game of the year award 2009
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
"D-Day" Prog rep: Feb 16
Char: 5 Events: 5 Tasks: 185 Objects: 156 Rooms: 34... Size 47Kb
Cowboy

Return to Game Discussions