A new guy with a big game! - New guy, making an entrance...AGAIN!

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.
Simply Ryan

Post by Simply Ryan »

Hey everyone, guess what? That's right...another newbie trying to make a big entrance to the world of aDRIFT. I have a big game with many possibilities, like...

1. Assemble a team to follow you, or have them stay in certain areas
2. Use the environment for weapons or protection
3. Use dead zombies to throw at other zombies
4. Combine items (that took a lot of time to work around with)
5. Healing teammates
6. Branching story with multiple endings(It may still end up linear, though)
7. Ammunition along with ammunition checking(provided that the variable increments in tasks start working)
8. Near completely interactive environment
9. Suicide, if you want...
10. And a special surprise!

Is it all original, probably not. Maybe the surprise bit isn't either. But, it seems pretty ground breaking to me, given that I'm brand new, 14 years old, and having all of this in the form of a full game. Anywho, the game is going to be called Paradise City. That's right, it's another zombie game. It's based loosely on a trilogy of roleplays I did on another site.

Now the idea didn't come upon me until my disappointment when I played Dead Race. That game has a lot of potential(for all I know, a full version isn't finished yet) and I didn't want to wait for a game like it to arrive. So, I started working on this one with a similar beginning. Only this time, there are multiple ways to get out of the situation at the time.

And about the demo, I feel that demos shouldn't be just five or six rooms worth of work, so I won't release a demo for a while. I might, however, post some screenshots of the game later.
If I'm online, I'm on mini-chat.
Organic - A0.5.1 - Time/turn constraints loosened a bit; taking hiatus
Dawn of Man - A0.0.7 - Typos fixed; taking hiatus
Peculiar - A0.0.6 - Finished Introduction sequence; taking hiatus
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Sounds like a huge accomplishment Ryan, and I wish you all the luck.
I don't want to be the "party pooper" here, but releasing a huge game like that as your first game is dangerous.
For your own sake, please take the time to have your game beta tested before releasing it.
They are beasts out there... :O
But once again, Godd luck ;)
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 60Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Simply Ryan

Post by Simply Ryan »

No worries, I have a crack team of beta testers here at my very own home, and even so, I'll probably be posting betas.
If I'm online, I'm on mini-chat.
Organic - A0.5.1 - Time/turn constraints loosened a bit; taking hiatus
Dawn of Man - A0.0.7 - Typos fixed; taking hiatus
Peculiar - A0.0.6 - Finished Introduction sequence; taking hiatus
Duncan_B

Post by Duncan_B »

You should tell us more about it here. Like how much progress have you made on it, et cetera?

It's not to late to enter the Summer Comp, should you decide to whip up some writing for it. Traditionally, competitions have been a great way to get feedback, especially when all the other entrants submit their thoughts.