Any budding artists?

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

I'm starting to think about the ADRIFT 5 splash screen and About page, and am wanting something a bit more professional than what currently exists in ADRIFT 4. I actually quite like the idea of a hand drawn picture that would be scanned and integrated with the dialog box, although that's just a random idea.

Would anyone be interested in coming up with something like this? You would have to hand over all rights to the image, but I would add your name to the credits within the application (assuming this was wanted). If so, please post any ideas here, or email them to me and I will post up.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Mystery

Post by Mystery »

Oooo. What are the size specifications and how long do we have? And do you have an example of what you mean by integrating it with a dialog box- a rough sketch?

Edited By Mystery on 1277166242
~Myst~
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

Well, probably around 500x400 or so I should think. By integrating with the dialog box, I just mean something like the About box in Firefox, where you have a graphic in the dialog box alongside all the text.
NigeC

Post by NigeC »

maybe a montage of past successful games?
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

lol. Well, to give you an idea, I Googled and found this:

which is just amazing. Unfortunately, the artist is looking for $500 in return for me to use it on the splash screen, which is a bit more than I was hoping for. But it would look amazing...
Duncan_B

Post by Duncan_B »

I can discuss the possibility with Robert Bogl over tacos, today. I know he has lots of demands on him already, but he may be up for a single picture project. Any particular sort of details you're looking for?
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

Duncan_B wrote:I can discuss the possibility with Robert Bogl over tacos, today. I know he has lots of demands on him already, but he may be up for a single picture project. Any particular sort of details you're looking for?
Sounds fab, thanks. Not sure really- with art, it tends to be a love or hate it kinda thing. Just something that captures the idea of adventure, exploration, fantasy etc.
Duncan_B

Post by Duncan_B »

We'll see what we can do. More on this as it develops.
NigeC

Post by NigeC »

best I could do would be full blown 3D or Flash/vector style.
Jubell

Post by Jubell »

I don't think anything I do would look very good HOWEVER I know several kami artists who may be willing to do some amazing type work for a small fee, and I can ask them if you'd like.
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

Well, I think I'd certainly be happy to pay some fee for the right piece of work, so yeah, if you could see if anyone was interested that would be fab, thanks.

So what is kami art? Is that what the adrift pic above is classed as?
Bobby Bobby

Post by Bobby Bobby »

I may be free to do a picture if needed. I'm currently busy with a few old photo restorations as well as D-Day illustrations, but I'm sure I could find the time somehow. This is the type of stuff I enjoy doing, and if anything I could put such an assignment on my resume. Anywho, a selection of my artwork can be viewed at the following page:

http://bobbybobby85.deviantart.com/gallery/

Let me know what you think! :yeah:
It must've been a cat...
Jubell

Post by Jubell »

Campbell wrote:Well, I think I'd certainly be happy to pay some fee for the right piece of work, so yeah, if you could see if anyone was interested that would be fab, thanks.

So what is kami art? Is that what the adrift pic above is classed as?
Oh no! Kami art is just me saying "Kamishibai Art" For the Kamishibai program.

But I'll be sure to ask about whether people will do it for free or a fee. The pic you posted above is just an illustration ^^
Mystery

Post by Mystery »

Heya, maybe that guy who does the Broken Toyland stuff might be interested. I really LOVED his work. I can't stop looking at his gallery.

Heh, never mind, I just realized it is the same artist! No wonder it has the same style.

Edited By Mystery on 1277318185
~Myst~
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

Bobby Bobby wrote:Let me know what you think! :yeah:
There's some nice stuff there!