ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

[HELP] The Warlord, the Princess, and the Bulldog

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

[HELP] The Warlord, the Princess, and the Bulldog

Postby Duncan_B » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Today I have been playing The Warlord, the Princess, and the Bulldog. I'm just about finished (I think). I've made it to Baron Grishtak, but don't have enough life points
[Reveal] Spoiler:
(I only have 28)
to take him on mano a mano, but I also can't cheat because in the fight I go directly from 5 to -2 life points and I need to have just 1 to cheat (as I understand it). I've been through the hints, but somehow missed out on
[Reveal] Spoiler:
getting journal or the voodoo doll
and I've already used up
[Reveal] Spoiler:
the gold bar.
Also, I've already
[Reveal] Spoiler:
prayed in the prayer room for extra health.

So... is it possible for me to win?

Alternatively, I tried using the Experimentation Centre (reminds me of the king's alchemical experiments in Back to Life... Unfortunately) to see if I could make myself more health, but have hit a pretty hard GTV wall with it and none of the commands in the game's verb list seem to have any effect... not even smashing.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
If I touch the lumps, some powder comes out of them, but I don't know what that signifies or how I'm supposed to use it to make (I assume) some sort of potion to put in the syringe.
Duncan_B

Re: [HELP] The Warlord, the Princess, and the Bulldog

Postby David Whyld » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:33 pm

For the Experimentation Centre and the lumps:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The chart indicates what the lumps do. You need to inject the syringe into them (assuming you have it!) then inject it into yourself.
David Whyld

Postby Duncan_B » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Ah! The verb was staring right at me. Unfortunately, I don't have enough health to take on the Baron. Time to see if I can do a better run-through!
Duncan_B

Postby MadGamer2004 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:23 am

Just a note... there's a small bug when you try to play this game with the Adrift 5.0 runner:
spoiler
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Once you are at the gate, in the beginning, the game will not let you "get" or "take" the stone. It tells you "You can't see any stones!" even after you look and see the stone lying near the path.

Is there a work-around?
MadGamer2004

Postby David Whyld » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:19 am

Please don't play the game with the V5 Runner. This game was written with V4 long before V5 came out and, like many of the games on the main site, it doesn't work properly with V5. Download the V4 Runner and use that instead.

I've made several requests for the V5 Runner to warn people if they're playing a game written with V4, but each time they've fallen on deaf ears.
David Whyld

Postby zohaa3492 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:33 am

Experimentation Centre (reminds me of the king's alchemical experiments in Back to Life... Unfortunately) to see if I could make myself more health, but have hit a pretty hard GTV wall with it and none of the commands in the game's verb list seem to have any effect..
We offer best quality study materials including latest Testking 640-864 dumps and Dean College practice exam so you will pass Pass4sure EMC exam in first try.
zohaa3492

Return to Game Discussions