ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

NEW GAME - The Fortress of Fear

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

Re: NEW GAME - The Fortress of Fear

Postby Lazzah » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Campbell wrote:Looks like this game is being discussed on the Int Fiction forum.

Yes, I saw that. I thought it was a bloke, but it turns out it is one of the many ladies who played my games back then. In those days there just as many female text adventure (sorry, IF...) players as there were men. In fact, four out of my five-strong team of regular playtesters were women. I wonder how many of the people on the IF Forum are female? With most posters having nicknames, you cannot tell these days.
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby Campbell » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:24 pm

That is quite interesting. The stats I have seem to suggest about 95% of users are male.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby Lazzah » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Campbell wrote:That is quite interesting. The stats I have seem to suggest about 95% of users are male.

Well how about this then: Amongst my circle of text adventuring friends from last 20-odd years I can name, off the top of my head, SIX female text adventure AUTHORS: Sharon Harwood (who wrote two spoof games about ME!), Debbie Howard, Karen Tyers, Doreen Bardon, the dear Edwina Brown (my protege and second mum!) and the "Witch of Wessex", Joan Pancott. The latter two are sadly no longer with us. There were probably other female authors around in those days whose names I have forgotten.
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby David Whyld » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Any timescale for when the word count feature might be implemented? I was reading this http://www.intfiction.org/forum/viewtop ... f=6&t=7657 on the Intfiction forum and it got me thinking about the subject again.
David Whyld

Postby Campbell » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Yeah, I saw that too. I'll see if I can squeeze it into the next release.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Game Discussions