ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Recent-ish large games?

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

Recent-ish large games?

Postby Lumin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm not going to have reliable internet access for most of May. I considered throwing myself dramatically in front of a bus or something in protest, but instead I've decided to make the best of things and settle down to play IF games and write like I did back in the day when I still had an attention span.

I've got Fortress of Fear and Full Circle all lined up and ready to go, and I might tackle the Camelot games again as well...any other full sized games made within the last year or so I ought to check out? I've just been stepping in on and off and I admit I really haven't been paying as much attention to new releases as I should.
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Re: Recent-ish large games?

Postby David Whyld » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:04 pm

The only other one I know of is Duncan Bowsman's "Irvin Quik & the Search for the Fish of Traglea" (http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=qiso9f9dphdlcrk)which was entered in the IFComp last year. And, ah, is also on my playlist, along with about 2,000 or so other games.

Edited to add: and Nick Rogers' (who seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth) "Cursed" (http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=jb091lzkdkb44n22) from the IFComp 2011.
David Whyld

Postby Duncan_B » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Make sure you grab the most recent version of Irvine Quik, which I believe is #3.
Duncan_B

Postby Lumin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 am

Is the one at the link David posted correct? I can't actually find it anywhere on this site.
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby Duncan_B » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:44 am

The story file at IFDB is the most recent version, yes.
Duncan_B

Return to Game Discussions