ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Playtesters required for "The Axe of Kolt"

A forum where new and old games can be reviewed - an alternative to the reviews on the Adventures page of the main ADRIFT site. Also the place to ask for any assistance if you are stuck playing a particular game.

Playtesters required for "The Axe of Kolt"

Postby Lazzah » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi all,

I am seeking reliable playtesters for my adventure "The Axe of Kolt". This is a re-write of the original award-winning Spectrum game, I have expanded and enhanced it using the full capabilities of ADRIFT (...apart from the rocket science! Sorry campbell, couldn't resist that!).

Note that this is quite a big game, the original was in four parts, but it is not as big as my first ADRIFT game "The Fortress of Fear".

Please PM me if you would like to playtest "The Axe of Kolt".

Thanks for reading this.
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Re: Playtesters required for "The Axe of Kolt"

Postby Lumin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Have you thought about trying the World of Spectrum forums? Your other games are archived there, and they seem pretty active so there might be some interest.

Just a suggestion since unfortunately we seem to be going through one of our dead-ish periods and I assume a lot of us are busy with RL concerns...
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Lumin wrote:Just a suggestion since unfortunately we seem to be going through one of our dead-ish periods and I assume a lot of us are busy with RL concerns...

I am... busy, I mean.. we're going to Hawaii this year on vacation... :D
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby Lazzah » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:31 pm

I am replying to my own post to bump this up the forum.

I am getting a bit despondent at the lack of volunteers, am I the only one or is it par for the course for ADRIFT authors and/or IF authors in general? I have had the usual time-wasters contact me through game-testing.org. You know the drill, they contact me offering to playtest the game, I reply thanking them and asking politely if they have playtested before and after that I hear no more from them. I had high hopes for the Drifter who called himself "Lucid Prose". He emailed me offering to playtest the game, seemed very enthusiastic about it. I sent the game to him then heard nothing more. Ho hum....

I am now wondering if I should offer to pay anyone who playtests the game to completion? What do fellow Drifters think?
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby Lyricasylum » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:08 pm

Are you still looking for playtesters for the Axe of Kolt? Because I'd be interested.
Lyricasylum

Return to Game Discussions