I think it's time that Adrift moves up to its rightful place (amongst the best
So whether you like it or not there will be an "Adrift End of the Year" competition this year (2016)1st prize: 20 usd
2nd prize: 10 usd
3rd prize: 5 usdPrize money will be paid either through paypal or Amazon voucher which ever would be preferred.
Donations for prizes are generously accepted.
and will be divided depending on the amount and the number of games entered.
The Rules of engagement is as follows:1: Game must be written in either Adrift V4 or V5
2. Must be an original work.
3. Must be released in 2016
4. Judging will last a month (or shorter if we only get a few games, or longer if we get loads.
6. Authors are allowed to vote in the comp, but not for their own games.
7. Voting is on a 1 - 10 scale.
8. Games can be password protected or not. It's up to the author.
9. Voting will be anonymous, but voters are encouraged to state why they voted the way they did and write reviews
10. Voters aren't required to play all the games in the comp but it's recommended that they play as many as possible.
So, in fact all you have to do to qualify is write an game and release it. (Upload it to the Adrift Games section)
How easy can it get?
I realize that perhaps the competition should be run in 2017 in order to allow games released in December 2016 a chance. But but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.