ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Allow to change horizontal size of the Location dropdowns in

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Allow to change horizontal size of the Location dropdowns in

Postby RenatoDias » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:33 pm

Could you allow us to change the horizontal size of the location dropdown menus in the Directions tab? Bigger names get cut off by the menu size. I have several locations with the same starting name(like Blake Manor - Location 1, Blake Manor - Location 2, etc). Would it be possible in the future? Put on the bug tracker as a Enhancement(Priority Medium).

Enhancement Bug Tracker link: http://www.adrift.co/bug/19213

Thanks.
RenatoDias

Re: Allow to change horizontal size of the Location dropdown

Postby DazaKiwi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:04 am

In the meantime you can name locations like this; Blake Manor<1>, Blake Manor<2> anything in between <> does not appear on the map but will appear in the dropdown, its really handy i use it all the time for multiple location names like corridors, hallways, streets etc.
DazaKiwi

Postby RenatoDias » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:09 am

DazaKiwi wrote:In the meantime you can name locations like this; Blake Manor<1>, Blake Manor<2> anything in between <> does not appear on the map but will appear in the dropdown, its really handy i use it all the time for multiple location names like corridors, hallways, streets etc.

Well, that seems to be a good idea. And maybe put the full name on the description? Thanks.
RenatoDias

Postby DazaKiwi » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 pm

I just want to add one more thing with using Loc Name <001> you probably will work this out anyway but if you write it like this: New Location<001> you will notice the text on location in the map will look tiny. But if you put a space between name and the tag it will fix the problem New Location <001>.
DazaKiwi

Postby RenatoDias » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:26 pm

DazaKiwi wrote:I just want to add one more thing with using Loc Name <001> you probably will work this out anyway but if you write it like this: New Location<001> you will notice the text on location in the map will look tiny. But if you put a space between name and the tag it will fix the problem New Location <001>.

For new locations, I'm using abbreviations like <KS> for Konnichi Security.
RenatoDias

Return to ADRIFT 5.0