ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Module Import Problem

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Module Import Problem

Postby Lazzah » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am

Hi all,

I was importing folders saved as modules into my new game when I came across two problems.

First of all, when I import a module from an existing game into a new game, the name of the new game is changed to the name of the game the module was imported from.

Secondly, the whole of the text of the title page in the INTRODUCTION & END OF GAME of the existing game is imported to the title page of the new game. Luckily I hadn't yet fully programmed the title page of the new game so all I had to do was delete the imported text. However, it would replace the text if I had have done!

I have added a bug report at: http://www.adrift.co/bug/19216, please vote it up.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: Module Import Problem

Postby RenatoDias » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:11 am

I saw that too, Lazzah. It happened to me a lot here.
RenatoDias

Re: Module Import Problem

Postby saabie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:26 am

The .AMF file is a text file, so you can use a text editor to remove the sections that interfere with the game.
I described what to do in the wiki at http://wiki.adrift.co/Creating_Libraries_and_Modules#Preparing_the_Module
saabie

Return to ADRIFT 5.0