ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Adrift in Danish

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Adrift in Danish

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:51 am

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the WIP thread :wink: or maybe even under news and anouncement...
Anyway. As mentioned in another thread the Royal Danish Library is currently in contact with Denk and myself in order to gather and save IF games made by Danes.
I looked into the matter a little and found that there are some interest in Denmark towards IF games so I thought that maybe it would be possible to make Adrift "Viking friendly" 8)

So, I am now trying to convert/translate the standard library to Danish so Danes, with no no, or very little, knowledge of English can play Adrift games. (This means, of course, that someone should make games in Danish :whistle: ) But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Adrift in Danish

Postby Lazzah » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:11 am

P/o Prune wrote:So, I am now trying to convert/translate the standard library to Danish so Danes, with no no, or very little, knowledge of Danish can play Adrift games.

(Raises hand to ask a question) Err... don't you mean "little knowledge of English"? :haha:
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:54 am

Lazzah wrote:
P/o Prune wrote:So, I am now trying to convert/translate the standard library to Danish so Danes, with no no, or very little, knowledge of Danish can play Adrift games.

(Raises hand to ask a question) Err... don't you mean "little knowledge of English"? :haha:

Have absolutely no idea what you're talking about ... :P :blush:
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Denk » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 am

Here is a link to a technical detail in the wiki, which can be useful when translating the standard library to another language:

http://wiki.adrift.co/Locations#Changing_Direction_Names

It explains how to change the name of directions, e.g. "North/N" to "Nord/N".
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Return to ADRIFT 5.0