ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Annual IF Comp 2020

The home for all discussion of competitions for ADRIFT and multiformat IF

Annual IF Comp 2020

Postby Lazzah » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:39 am

l have just registered my intent to enter "Return to Castle Coris" in the competition. That makes 2 with P.O.'s game.

Anyone else?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: Annual IF Comp 2020

Postby David Whyld » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:51 am

I'm registered with my game "Princessly Problems" so that's at least three ADRIFT entries this year.
David Whyld

Postby Lazzah » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:41 am

David Whyld wrote:I'm registered with my game "Princessly Problems" so that's at least three ADRIFT entries this year.

Great! We'll wipe the floor with the opposition! :yeah:
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby P/o Prune » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:10 pm

I believe that I read somewhere that The0didactus might enter too.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 138Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lumin » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:05 pm

Theo said Lost Coastlines won't be ready in time, but he's got an idea for a smaller game.
Lumin

Postby DazaKiwi » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:58 pm

So we can enter a game we started working on in the past? but hasn't been released right? I have looked at the rules page but just clarifying. I have several on the shelf projects i could resume for it.

When you register for intent, do you have to have a game title as well? and can you change the game you want to enter later on?
DazaKiwi

Postby Denk » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:56 pm

DazaKiwi wrote:So we can enter a game we started working on in the past? but hasn't been released right?
Exactly. But if you have published even a slightly part of the game, e.g. a few locations it cannot be entered in IFcomp.

DazaKiwi wrote:When you register for intent, do you have to have a game title as well?
Yes, but I am not sure if you can change it afterwards. From the IFcomp's Author's Handbook:
Author's Handbook wrote:If you intend to have an entry in this year’s IFComp, then you must submit your intent via the entry form by 11:59 PM Eastern time on September 1. You can submit an intent without submitting a full entry – in fact, you can submit as little information as your game’s title, and the platform that it runs on
However, you can e-mail the organizers and ask.

DazaKiwi wrote:and can you change the game you want to enter later on?
Not sure I understand this question. I assume you mean if you can change the game after the submission deadline 28th of September? If so, you can, once the comp is live you can update your game file.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
Denk

Postby DazaKiwi » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:52 am

Thanks for your reply Denk. The last question was like if i had a game in mind and submit that via intent but then change my mind when it starts to another one. But i guess this might fall into the category of "You can submit an intent without submitting a full entry..." but i wonder if just having a game name and that could be changed too.

But anyway as you say, i could clarify with them via email.
DazaKiwi

Postby Denk » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Just a reminder: If you consider participating in IFComp 2020 you only have until 1st of September to register your intent to enter. If you are in doubt you might as well register. If you later find that you don't have time to finish your game, that is perfectly okay.
The Bash Saga:
Denk

Postby TommoHawk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:33 am

I would like to register to my intent to submit a game....But how do I register?
TommoHawk

Postby Denk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:25 pm

First you must register a new account here:
https://ifcomp.org/auth/login
The Bash Saga:
Denk

Postby TommoHawk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 am

I intend to submit "Find Andy" based on Little Britian TV comedy show characters. I did make a part 1 and part 2 and had submitted part 1 many years ago. I have completely rewritten the game to include all the characters in part 1 and 2 with new goals, objects, speech samples etc. I have registered intent to submit game and this relpy informs of the Game title. But when logged in I only see "You have not declared any entries". Also I am unsure exactly how to submit game. Do I email it as an attachment .taf file?
TommoHawk

Postby Denk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:50 am

TommoHawk wrote:I intend to submit "Find Andy" based on Little Britian TV comedy show characters. I did make a part 1 and part 2 and had submitted part 1 many years ago. I have completely rewritten the game to include all the characters in part 1 and 2 with new goals, objects, speech samples etc. I have registered intent to submit game and this relpy informs of the Game title. But when logged in I only see "You have not declared any entries". Also I am unsure exactly how to submit game. Do I email it as an attachment .taf file?

Sounds like you haven't "entered a game" into the competition before 1st of September, which is the way you declare your intent to enter. You did not need to upload anything, but you had to enter the title of your game and a few other things to declare your intent to enter.
(more info here: https://ifcomp.org/about/how_to_enter#howtoenterthecompetition )

If you had done that, it would be possible to edit your entry, including uploading the game to the ifcomp website.

You can of course try to contact the IFComp organizers and say you misunderstood the instructions, but they usually follow the rules very strictly so it might be too late.

If you want to contact them, follow this link: https://ifcomp.org/about/faq and click on "contact the organizer".

One more thing: If you include e.g. copyrighted characters etc. you must have permission to use those, otherwise IFComp might disqualify you.
The Bash Saga:
Denk

Return to Competitions