Does Debugger reset task states each cycle?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
DazaKiwi

Does Debugger reset task states each cycle?

Post by DazaKiwi »

So each time a command is entered and executed does Debugger reset at some point (maybe at the start of a turn) all tasks to false beforehand?

What i mean is say, lets say Task A runs and passes restrictions so it will show True in debugger, next turn or command player enters a command and Task A does not pass and will reflect the new change in debugger? or will it still show true because it was set to true the turn before? I think it would be resetting them, but sometimes i wonder.
Denk

Re: Does Debugger reset task states each cycle?

Post by Denk »

Not exactly sure which part in the debugger you are referring to, so see the attached picture below.
Debugger.png
Debugger.png (23.89 KiB) Viewed 118 times
Are you referring to the Property "completed"? When the game begins, this one is "False", until the task runs the first time. Then it is changed to "True" and will stay "True" for the rest of the game, unless an action is used to "Unset" the task.

Or are you referring to the text generated by the debugger?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DazaKiwi

Re: Does Debugger reset task states each cycle?

Post by DazaKiwi »

Yes "Completed"

Ah, that is a shame it remains on True - but it makes sense i guess if this is to be for unset tasks. It would be good id it does reset to know which tasks are passing when they shouldn't during a turn, saves some time trawling through the output text in the window to the right.

Thanks for confirming that.