ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Hey, who wants to hear a really dumb idea? - ... A collaborative game.

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Postby Max » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:25 pm

This sounds like a great idea. I started using Adrift yesterday so don't ask me how to actually make it work though. :P
Wow First place ever where I didn't have to make up something crazy to be my username.

Working on: Ping!
Max

Postby J. A. Hatfield » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:29 pm

Can I get in on this? :)
J. A. Hatfield

Postby The Bold Slasher » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:48 pm

I assume so, JA - looks like we're going to have to find a replacement for Sprite.
USS Dumpling 0 KB (Now an I7 game because of a hard drive crash.)

Proud Owner of Sprite's Sticker for Specialness
The Bold Slasher

Postby J. A. Hatfield » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:36 am

Alright. I'm relatively new at Adrift (I don't even know the basics to the language it uses), but I've been designing RPGs and adventure games for quite some time now, so hopefully I could help out in whatever way I can.
J. A. Hatfield

Postby djchallis » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:21 pm

this year is sprite's gap year and she's been really busy, as opposed to last year where i presume she did exams but otherwise lazed around all the time.
hence why she's barely been around since the summer.

i love the idea, 'cos it's a chance to publisize your works without having to put a world of effort into it, if it's only a small section.

so what's the plan?
A) we complain at sprite.
B) we mutiny.
C) we can't be assed to do anything about it.
Game in the works - Project Clocks - on hold for a bit.
Game finished - I am the Law for the OddComp. Looking forward to finishing Clocks so I can show what I can really do!
Current focus - Some microIF. Short experiments to test ideas and actually release something!
djchallis

Postby IceHammer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:18 pm

so what's the plan?
A) we complain at sprite.
B) we mutiny.
C) we can't be assed to do anything about it.

I'd sorta assumed it would be all three, in that order. ;)

However... We don't really need one person in charge until we get the conceptual problems, i.e. how to go between books and the main library, solved. At which point we should be able to find someone.... hopefully.
IceHammer

Postby djchallis » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:01 pm

i was just thinking that if sprite does stay as leader, she may not appreciate large decisions being made behind her back.
having said that, it's unlikely she'll find the time to be leader, and even if she did, i'm sure she wouldn't mind.

i can ask her 'bout stuff if you want.
but in any case i'll stick around, i like this idea for a game, and i'd like to see it turn into something! :)
Game finished - I am the Law for the OddComp. Looking forward to finishing Clocks so I can show what I can really do!
Current focus - Some microIF. Short experiments to test ideas and actually release something!
djchallis

Postby KFAdrift » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Are you sure Sprite is on a gap year? Seems far more likely David has locked her in a cupboard and won't let her out till his IF Comp entry is completed.
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Postby djchallis » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:07 pm

if that's the case, surely we can wait til after the IFcomp and then simply add this game to her workload?
djchallis

Postby Sprite » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:20 pm

*SNORK*

I'M AWAKE I'M AWAKE!!

Ok, in an ideal world, someone would take this project off my hands. I'm more of an ideas person. ;)

Has v5 been released and nobody told me? Surely not. Hang on... no, no it hasn't.

I'm so glad you guys are still interested, I still think it's a sound idea, I'm just worse-than-poo on the old organisational skills!
Do you know who I am?!

I've forgotten...
Sprite

Previous

Return to General IF