ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Two Become One

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Two Become One

Postby David Whyld » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Is there any way of linking the main site and the forum more closely? If I post a review on the main site, I then need to re-post it on the forum, and vice versa. Would it be possible to write a review here and have it automatically appear on the main site? Or, better still, merge the main site into the forum or have a separate section of the forum where the games can be downloaded and reviewed? I don't know whether that sort of thing would be possible, or even practical, but as it stands there are two sites when there really only needs to be one.

One of the problems with the two sites setup is that reviews posted on the main site tend to be largely overlooked because if you're not actively checking it out every day, you're unlikely to notice them even show up. That doesn't really encourage you to post reviews there. Likewise if you post a review here, people intending to download the game from the main site wont be aware of the review unless you post it in both places.
David Whyld

Re: Two Become One

Postby Campbell » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Well I have been doing a lot of work in integrating the site and forum closer together - for one, it's now a shared login. Also, the rating on your name does link to the page with all your adventures - yours was one of the first ones I did before I added the link, but I've refreshed this now. Any new ratings on your games would have refreshed this anyway.

Theoretically I suppose it would be possible to auto-post into a reviews thread. But I'm not sure how much benefit it gives us. If you simply want to see all the latest reviews there's an RSS feed you can subscribe to. And you can get an email alert if anyone adds a review for your own games.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby Campbell » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 pm

And damn you, I've now got Spice Girls song going thru my head... :P
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby David Whyld » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 pm

You wannabee doing something about that.
David Whyld

Postby Campbell » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Hmm. This might be the answer. Then any reviews posted to the adventures site would automatically populate as forum topics. I could make it read only and direct users to add new ones on the adventure pages.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to General IF