ADRIFT Forum


The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

POINTS

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Re: POINTS

Postby rotter » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Share my points out, I'm happy to have zero.
Last edited by rotter on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
User avatar
rotter
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 12:12 am
Location: UK
Points: 10

Re: POINTS

Postby P/o Prune » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 am

rotter wrote:Sure my points out, I'm happy to have zero.

Too late, Rotter. You got then and they stick with you... :haha:
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
User avatar
P/o Prune
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 am
Location: Denmark
Points: 23

Re: POINTS

Postby Lumin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:12 pm

The only known way to lose points is to put on your copper armor, climb to the top of a hill during a thunderstorm and shout that all mods are bastards.

But this unfortunately tends to have other effects too...
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
User avatar
Lumin
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:48 pm
Location: Texas
Points: 34

Re: POINTS

Postby P/o Prune » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Lumin wrote:The only known way to lose points is to put on your copper armor, climb to the top of a hill during a thunderstorm and shout that all mods are bastards.

But this unfortunately tends to have other effects too...

Oh.. You should try it with Site Admins.... And before you climb that hill, be sure to take a shower first (wearing your copper armor for the full effect) :wink:
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
User avatar
P/o Prune
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 am
Location: Denmark
Points: 23

Re: POINTS

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 am

I have added a 3 point reward for "things" that helps make V.5 more appealing.
Such as a tutorial, or like Dazakiwi's buy/sell demo.
I would appreciate it if you'll take a look at the point scale and let me know (PM is fine) is the points should be changed.
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
User avatar
P/o Prune
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 am
Location: Denmark
Points: 23

Re: POINTS

Postby Campbell » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:44 pm

How many points for a software release?

Or even just a contribution to the source code?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
User avatar
Campbell
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4618
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:05 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: POINTS

Postby P/o Prune » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:56 am

Campbell wrote:How many points for a software release?

Or even just a contribution to the source code?


That's a good question.
What is your definition of a software reease?
As for the contribution to the source code I would say it depends on the magnitude of the contribution. But how about starting with 15 points and then take it from there?
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
User avatar
P/o Prune
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 am
Location: Denmark
Points: 23

Re: POINTS

Postby saabie » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:16 am

Adding ADRIFT 5 support to a general-purpose IF runner like Gargoyle or Floyd could be a google points and writing a whole new runner system could be a googleplex of points. :whistle:
saabie
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Points: 10

Re: POINTS

Postby rotter » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 am

saabie wrote:Adding ADRIFT 5 support to a general-purpose IF runner like Gargoyle or Floyd could be a google points and writing a whole new runner system could be a googleplex of points. :whistle:


Bonus triple points I would say. :bravo:
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
User avatar
rotter
 
Posts: 1352
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 12:12 am
Location: UK
Points: 10

Re: POINTS

Postby Lazzah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:23 am

P/o Prune wrote:I have added a 3 point reward for "things" that helps make V.5 more appealing.

Is this retrospective? I have suggested several enhancements in the past which Campbell has added to ADRIFT and it also looks like he is going to add this item to the next release.
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
User avatar
Lazzah
Moderator
 
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:54 am
Location: London, England
Points: 17

Re: POINTS

Postby P/o Prune » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:36 am

Lazzah wrote:
P/o Prune wrote:I have added a 3 point reward for "things" that helps make V.5 more appealing.

Is this retrospective? I have suggested several enhancements in the past which Campbell has added to ADRIFT and it also looks like he is going to add this item to the next release.

Unfortunately Lazzah, we start from scratch when the point system was implemented. I'm also worried a little about how I'm to know who suggested what enhancement when the new release comes out.
Campbell usually just gives a list about which bugs and enhancements that has been fixed/implemented, but no names of whom suggestred them.

Edit: I just found out that Campbell also adds an ID number and that number refers to the bug / enhancement. So it's actually no problem tracking them. :yeah:
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
User avatar
P/o Prune
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 am
Location: Denmark
Points: 23

Re: POINTS

Postby Lazzah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:20 pm

P/o Prune wrote:
Lazzah wrote:
P/o Prune wrote:I have added a 3 point reward for "things" that helps make V.5 more appealing.

Is this retrospective? I have suggested several enhancements in the past which Campbell has added to ADRIFT and it also looks like he is going to add this item to the next release.

Unfortunately Lazzah, we start from scratch when the point system was implemented.

Boo, hiss! :cry:
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
User avatar
Lazzah
Moderator
 
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:54 am
Location: London, England
Points: 17

Previous

Return to Drifting Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron