ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Discord

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Discord

Postby Lumin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 am

Not sure if there's any interest here but I run a pretty active server if anyone ever wants to hang out and chat: https://discord.gg/jzyDE47

There's a lot of white noise in the main channel but writing discussion gets priority. (#library is available as a quieter place for pure writing/playing chat as well and if there's enough interest in an IF specific chat I can make one.)

If you're asked for your CYS name just say Mizal invited you and that CYOAs are an inferior subclass of interactive fiction anyhow.

Pretty diverse crowd and be warned there's lots of swearing and stuff and not for the easily offended. (E: name list now mostly cleaned up and other admin is distracted by the hurricane coming right for him, it's a good time to slip in and pretend like you've always been there!)

You'll need an account with Discord that's been registered for more than five minutes, public channel so that's the bare minimum anti troll/spammer measure we could go with.
Lumin

Re: Discord

Postby Lumin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Theodidactus thx for dropping by pls like and subscribe

Ebon worships you btw. Hopefully he'll start playing again so that he'll miss our contest deadline and lose all the points he so foolishly bet against me.
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:59 pm

Hey I've been chatting with a couple of others about running a live Let's Play of an IF game with group input. Not going to be just limited to ADRIFT but I'd like to start off with one of ours. Any recommendations for a good older game in this format? Doesn't have to be prefect, just something fun with a variety of things to poke around at in a responsive environment. V4 game ideally since I'd prefer to be able to just copy text straight off the screen.
Lumin

Postby P/o Prune » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 am

Are you going to use the Adrift 4, or the V.5 runner? Or does it matter at all?
No matter what I think you're in for quite a job. I've just run through the list of games and with the lack of reviews it's really hard to pick any game and say; "This should be a good one"
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 54Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lumin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:52 am

Well like I said preferably v4 since I want to be able to copy the text over as I go. Plus, more games to pick from.

I'd have to be sure it was a game that *worked* so not really to grab one at random. I'll probably just grab one of David's I guess or look through some old comp games.

Heck I'd originally thought of digging or my old Aegis game since a few people on the server are familiar with the setting from some other stuff of mine, but then I actually loaded it up and it's so janky it'd need work before I considered it fit for human consumption.
Lumin

Postby EndMaster » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Lumin wrote:and other admin is distracted by the hurricane coming right for him

That hurricane never did hit the area, though that was definitely a good thing.
Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!
EndMaster

Postby Lumin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:52 pm

All the freaking out over that entire hurricane was FAKE NEWS, it didn't do cr*p.

Lol I never realized the forum censored anything, let alone c r a p. (Should your innocent eyes folks)
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Oh yes and everyone, Endmaster here is the dark god of CYS and a fellow admin over there. He writes gigantic fantasy adventure storygames and pretty much carried the site for several years, say hello.
Lumin

Postby P/o Prune » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread yet.

:thanks:
EndMaster, welcome to our little corner of the huge IF universe. It's good to have you here and I hope you will enjoy your stay.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 54Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lumin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 pm

Lol, I must congratulate Theo on being the only person in CYStian history to manage to get blacklisted from the bot.

Brad says he'll let you use it again once he puts some kind of character limit in.
Lumin

Return to General IF