ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Object Group

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Object Group

Postby Lazzah » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi all,

We can create an OBJECT GROUP, e.g. The Bouncy Balls, yet we cannot define the location of an object as being part of the object group The Bouncy Balls. Similar for a CHARACTER GROUP.

Are these anomalies something Campbell never got around to implementing?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: Object Group

Postby ralphmerridew » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Did you make the object static?
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Re: Object Group

Postby Lazzah » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:40 am

ralphmerridew wrote:Did you make the object static?

Yes. I have now fixed my problem another way but I find it strange that although you can create object and character groups, there don't seem to be many, if any, ways to use them in ADRIFT.

Does anyone know any different?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Return to ADRIFT 5.0