ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Work in Progress thread 2009 - 2010

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Postby Cowboy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Duncan_B wrote:Also, I think it might be safe to remove Tiberius Thingamus from the Works in Progress list, since his game is currently published.

What? :O
Why didn't I know that? ;)
Thanks for info Duncan.
I'll leave it on the list thought. It's going to be interesting to see how many games on the list is actually being finished.. Deadline Dec. 31st 11:59pm GMT 2010 :yeah:
Ghost town V 1,05: Adrift best game of the year award 2009
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
"D-Day" Prog rep: Feb 16
Char: 5 Events: 5 Tasks: 185 Objects: 156 Rooms: 34... Size 47Kb
Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Update Feb 07 – 2010
28 wip’s so far, the latest being Kronos’ ”The Merlin Bird of Prey”
I think it’s quite an impressive show of interest, but we’ve yet to see how many game will actually make it. ;)

I have pushed the release date on D-Day a bit forward hoping to enter the Official Spring Thing 2010 competition. But let’s see how things work out. :dancer:
Ghost town V 1,05: Adrift best game of the year award 2009
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
"D-Day" Prog rep: Feb 16
Char: 5 Events: 5 Tasks: 185 Objects: 156 Rooms: 34... Size 47Kb
Cowboy

Postby Dannymac247 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:31 pm

I actually have three different works in progress at the moment, each in various stages of development. Each are fairly ambitious, given my talent level in ADRIFT, so I can't promise much. That whole (I have no idea how to make something work) jarring can really take the fun out of rampant creativity.

1. Battlestar Athena- Thematically following the Battlestar Galactica reinvented series, the Athena was developed by some friends and myself for a tabletop roleplaying game, and I was inspired to try to translate the experience into a game. Not really IF in the classic sense, with Battlestar Athena I am trying to use ADRIFT to create a turn based strategy game with character leveling elements. Space Combat alone has proven to be fairly complicated, but I return to it every now and again, and hopefully have a new creative push coming. Once Combat is fully implemented (and it is close,) I'll probably be able to get the rest of the game together just in a push to show off my combat.

2. Hunting Ground 2 -Still very much in concept, anyone who saw the premier ending to the original Hunting Ground knows I left a hook or two for a sequel. As with the original Hunting Ground, I want this game to focus on gameplay and strategy rather than the usual IF puzzling approach.

3. Zombie Trail- My most recent concept and one that got me excited enough to power up the old Generator again after months of wasting most of my free time in Chris Jones' AGS. Still incredibly rough in concept, my basic idea is to create a gameplay experience similar to the old Oregon Trail games, but placed in the context of the flight of civilians west to the Government Safe Zone in the novel World War Z.
Dannymac247

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Wow... 3 games?
Looking forward to see them completet. But in all honesty I hope you have not bitten off too much...
Good luck ;)
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Dannymac247 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:09 pm

Haha, yeah, if I was shooting for a due date I would definitely have bitten off too much. These are three programs to work on when inspiration strikes, and it is nice to have another project to go to after getting tired of a first one.
Dannymac247

Postby Jubell » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:51 am

Heya! A big shout out and thanks to Duncan B for guiding me towards this thread!

Well I'm working on my submission for the Spring Thing competition which has me...confused rule wise (cause I'm not sure if its still going on or why the site says uno and the forums say tres but yeah). Regardless I'm working on a game called

"Wes Garden's Halting Nightmare"

Its kind a...super odd game because I am a super odd person. It is certainly not a comedy game it's just...a very weird concept and execution. I plan to add a bit of the old sketch-tastical art to it because...the gods love a good pic.

The trajectory for the game would make it a trilogy or saga. The first two I'd be able to work within the current program restrictions but by the third I'd have to just buckle down and buy the registered version.

This would be my first Adrift so...let's cross our fingers (I'm a third of the way done with coding it)
Jubell

Postby Duncan_B » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Well I'm working on my submission for the Spring Thing competition

Which Spring Thing, 2010 or 2011? 2010 was cancel'd this year, no entries. Or might you happen to mean ADRIFT's Spring Ting? In that case, you will probably need to hurry to finish, since the Ting's deadline is April 30th!
Duncan_B

Postby Jubell » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:36 pm

See how new I am? I didn't even know there was two competitions!

Luckily I've been set straight and I am DEFINITELY putting the spinning wheels on my entry. If kamishibai and college papers have taught me anything its that all-nighters work like candy.
Jubell

Postby Jubell » Mon May 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Just updating

I have about 7-10 images to do (item wise, and one maybe not so item wise)

The game is coded and we're really going knee deep into the proofreading/beta test phase. Which will be nerve wrecking I'm sure.

And I...still kinda want to tack on another one. But this...flip flappin' 3 character restriction is death on toast.
Jubell

Postby djchallis » Wed May 26, 2010 1:21 am

Woah, hold on a minute - Clocks isn't abandoned! It's my baby!

It's on hold, I'm currently having far too much fun writing static short stories, and I daresay if I do make it back to the Generator sometime I'll want to write something less ambitious first, but I certainly haven't given up on Clocks.
Game in the works - Project Clocks - on hold for a bit.
Game finished - I am the Law for the OddComp. Looking forward to finishing Clocks so I can show what I can really do!
Current focus - Some microIF. Short experiments to test ideas and actually release something!
djchallis

Postby P/o Prune » Wed May 26, 2010 4:52 am

djchallis wrote:Woah, hold on a minute - Clocks isn't abandoned! It's my baby!

It's on hold, I'm currently having far too much fun writing static short stories, and I daresay if I do make it back to the Generator sometime I'll want to write something less ambitious first, but I certainly haven't given up on Clocks.

:O
Sorry about that, DJ...
I have corrected the list...
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby djchallis » Wed May 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks! ^_^
Game in the works - Project Clocks - on hold for a bit.
Game finished - I am the Law for the OddComp. Looking forward to finishing Clocks so I can show what I can really do!
Current focus - Some microIF. Short experiments to test ideas and actually release something!
djchallis

Postby Duncan_B » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Wondering if people are willing to offer some status updates on the projects they've listed here.

For myself, the only one I've made any noteworthy progress on Planets Apart. Don't know how much I can discuss without getting spoilery, but I've got a working health system with healing items now, and now have three functioning merchants and 1.5 minigames (one still in-the-making). So, y'know, progress. Woo.
Duncan_B

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 am

Duncan_B wrote:Wondering if people are willing to offer some status updates on the projects they've listed here.

For myself, the only one I've made any noteworthy progress on Planets Apart. Don't know how much I can discuss without getting spoilery, but I've got a working health system with healing items now, and now have three functioning merchants and 1.5 minigames (one still in-the-making). So, y'know, progress. Woo.

I am only too happy to post any updates to the list. Earlier I wrote everyone on the list asking them for an update, everyone has read my msg, but only few have answered. So the list is as good as it gets with the little information I had available at the time.
This is, of course, only for games added or abandoned.
If you have any updates regarding the progress of your game/s please do as Duncan did. Write them here. It's nice to see how things are progressing.
As for myself, well.

D-Day: Almost done, all I need is the artwork. Got some very neat German radio chatter a few days ago. The trailer is out today. I have asked Campbell to post it on the demo page.(14Mb, is too big for me to upload)
I was hoping to enter the Annual IF Comp, but it looks like my schedule will slide. Sorry guys

Camelot, is in beta mode. I'm planning on getting it ready for the Adrift Summer Comp.

Return to Camelot is progressing slowly, but steadily. Maybe this will make it in time for the Annual If Comp, who knows? By the way, RtC will be written in V.5

Through Time, is slowly moving again. I just may have found an artist (crossing my fingers) I have decided to release it as episodes of two chapters each. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it impossible to transfer to the next chapter without having solved the previous game first. Maybe a suggestion for the v.5?
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Hensman Int'l » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:28 pm

The Magician's Niece: switched to V.5 which also means that although much work is proceeding, some of the generator development limits my development.

Ba'Roo!: full bore attack on getting it completed, then beta tested (the hunt is on for friends and family to B-test), then fine tuned for the Summer Comp.
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>(frikin' frakin' DROP bug) :(</span>
Officially and Fully Released:
The Fly Human (v.4) - 2010
Brain Dead Weekend (v.4) - 2011
Hensman Int'l

PreviousNext

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0