Location Anomoly

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
Lazzah

Location Anomoly

Post by Lazzah »

I don't know if anyone has experienced this but when I create a location on the map, it doesn't appear immediately in the Locations folder like it would if you had created it any other way. I have to close the folder and then reopen it to be able to see the new location.

I wonder why this is?
Visit "Larry's ADRIFT Text Adventures" at http://LarrysAdriftTextAdventures.co.uk
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Location Anomoly

Post by P/o Prune »

I don't know either. But it happens to me too.
I have experienced that if I create a number of location in quick succession in the map, only one or two shows up in the location window. I then have to close the window and expande it again from the folder. :?
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 93Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Denk

Post by Denk »

Lazzah wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:02 pm I don't know if anyone has experienced this but when I create a location on the map, it doesn't appear immediately in the Locations folder like it would if you had created it any other way. I have to close the folder and then reopen it to be able to see the new location.

I wonder why this is?
I just made a quick test. The problem you mention happens with the Combined Library but not with Campbell's Standard Library. Perhaps because in Campbell's Standard Library, the "Location folder" is set to be open whereas it is closed by default in the combined library. I can try to change that in the next release. I am pretty sure it is just a matter of ADRIFT not knowing which folders to update graphically. They are in the folder, you just have to close the location folder and reopen it to refresh the folder window display.

It is a bit similar to tasks. If you have chosen to display task priorities and then change the priority of a task, then the new priority is not shown in the folder window. You have to shut the folder window and reopen it to see that the priority has been changed. Annoying but "just" a matter of refreshing the folder window.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lazzah

Post by Lazzah »

Denk wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:30 pm I just made a quick test. The problem you mention happens with the Combined Library but not with Campbell's Standard Library.
I thought I hadn't see this before, that explains it.
Visit "Larry's ADRIFT Text Adventures" at http://LarrysAdriftTextAdventures.co.uk