PUT ALL problem

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
Lazzah

PUT ALL problem

Post by Lazzah »

Hi all,

In my current WIP there is a container - an aluminium case - which has two objects inside it, a small drone and a control console. There is a vehicle with a cargo bed (another container) - I used "bed" instead of compartment as it is easier to type! - and when I type PUT ALL IN BED ADRIFT puts the items in the cargo bed as if they were separate, i.e. "Ok, you put the small drone, the control console and the aluminium case in the crawler's cargo bed."

Even stranger, there is another container, a rucksack, which has nine items in it. When just carrying the rucksack, when I type PUT ALL IN BED, the completion message is: "Ok, you put the screwdriver and the rucksack in the crawler's cargo bed. You are not carrying the crawler key, the yellow disc, the red disc, the tuning fork, the green disc, the tungsten pitons, the purple disc and the identity card!"

Is there a way to stop this odd behaviour?
Visit "Larry's ADRIFT Text Adventures" at http://LarrysAdriftTextAdventures.co.uk
Denk

Re: PUT ALL problem

Post by Denk »

Hi Larry, there are at least two problems here:

1st problem:
Lazzah wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 am In my current WIP there is a container - an aluminium case - which has two objects inside it, a small drone and a control console. There is a vehicle with a cargo bed (another container) - I used "bed" instead of compartment as it is easier to type! - and when I type PUT ALL IN BED ADRIFT puts the items in the cargo bed as if they were separate, i.e. "Ok, you put the small drone, the control console and the aluminium case in the crawler's cargo bed."
I can see that we had this problem all along but sometimes it doesn't occur. It is because the order in which you created the objects is important! So if you had created the case first, then only the case (with objects inside) would be moved to the cargo bed, because after the move, you are not holding the other objects either. But if the content is moved first, then they are handled individually. And the order is based on the creation order it seems (I tested it and that seemed to be the reason).

I found a fix for it. You need to add the restriction:
%objects%.Parent.Takefix.Sum=1

In the task "Put objects in others". It should be inserted right after "Referenced objects must be held by player character", see screenshot below. But please test that it works as intended.

NB: You should add the same restriction to the task "put objects on others" as it has the same problem.
FixPutObjectsInOthers.png
FixPutObjectsInOthers.png (54.66 KiB) Viewed 106 times

2nd problem:
Lazzah wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 am When just carrying the rucksack, when I type PUT ALL IN BED, the completion message is: "Ok, you put the screwdriver and the rucksack in the crawler's cargo bed. You are not carrying the crawler key, the yellow disc, the red disc, the tuning fork, the green disc, the tungsten pitons, the purple disc and the identity card!"

Is there a way to stop this odd behaviour?
I thought we had got rid of the "You are not carrying..."-message in the newest libraries so I wonder which library and version you started out with and if you updated the library at some point (never recommended). In any case, I would like to ensure this behaviour is not in the newest libraries so feel free to send me the taf-file and I will look into it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------