Properties anyone?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Properties anyone?

Post by P/o Prune »

I'm trying to make my own property but it won't work as I intend it to.
The fact is that I would like to have the option of excluding open / close status on objects. I realize that I can get around it by using text override. But I believe that it would be much easier to have the option when creating the object.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 135Kb (My entry for the parser Comp 2022 :wink: )
Denk

Re: Properties anyone?

Post by Denk »

Perhaps you could make a small demo showing what you did? Then it will be easier to propose what to change.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
Denk

Re: Properties anyone?

Post by Denk »

Using Combi-LIb 4.3 I have made a small demo showing what to do:
HideOpenStatus.taf
(45.93 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Steps:
1. Create a new property, see picture 1 below.
- it is an OBJECT PROPERTY of type SELECTION ONLY.

These settings are sufficient but it would be practical if it only occurs for objects that can be opened and closed.
2. Therefore, in the bottom of the property (This property will only appear if...), select OBJECT CAN BE OPENED AND CLOSED and set the value to SELECTED.

Now, the property will only appear for objects when you select the property that the object can be opened and closed.

3. Create or open an object that has property "object can be opened and closed" and select the property "HideOpenStatus".

You are not done yet, because ADRIFT doesn't speak english. You have to tell ADRIFT where to use the new property.

4. Open the task "Examine Objects" and go to the alternative description "Open/close status". Click on the restriction field for that description to open the restriction window. Add an extra restriction:
"Referenced Object must not have property 'HideOpenStatus'

Click okay to close the restriction window and okay again to close the task. Now it should work.

If you want, you can make a similar property to hide contents of containers etc. but I leave that to you as an exercise.

PICTURE 1:
Pic1.png
Pic1.png (13.71 KiB) Viewed 116 times
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom