How do you kill a mummy ( the Egyptian kind, mind you 😉 )

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

How do you kill a mummy ( the Egyptian kind, mind you 😉 )

Post by P/o Prune »

I need to find a way to kill / destroy a mummy, and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Only one rule. Fire is not an option.
:anyone:
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 93Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Lazzah

Re: How do you kill a mummy ( the Egyptian kind, mind you 😉 )

Post by Lazzah »

P/o Prune wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:34 pm I need to find a way to kill / destroy a mummy, and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
How about water in a pond/lake/sea, it would soak the mummy's linen wrappings and cause it to sink?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

great idea. I'll see if I can implement it. The scenario is that the player is inside a haunted house where he will encounter a number of "undead" that he has to slain.
Lazzah

Post by Lazzah »

P/o Prune wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:40 pm great idea. I'll see if I can implement it. The scenario is that the player is inside a haunted house where he will encounter a number of "undead" that he has to slain.
How about a swimming pool in the garden or basement of the haunted house? You could also weigh the mummy down with chains or something heavy?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
rotter

Post by rotter »

P/o Prune wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:34 pm I need to find a way to kill / destroy a mummy, and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Cutting in half with an enchanted sword?
R2T1

Post by R2T1 »

What about a vial of Holy Water that when sprinkled/splashed on the mummy causes the body inside to turn to dust and you are left with a pile of bandages.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

@ Lazzah:
How about a swimming pool in the garden or basement of the haunted house? You could also weigh the mummy down with chains or something heavy?
A swimming pool wouldn't fit into the scenario. The house has been abandoned for, maybe a hundred years, because of the terrible things that has / is happening in there.

What about a vial of Holy Water that when sprinkled/splashed on the mummy causes the body inside to turn to dust and you are left with a pile of bandages.
Interesting idea. This should be doable. I will give some thoughts.

Thanks to both of you for your help. :thanks:
rotter

Post by rotter »

P/o Prune wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am @ Lazzah:
A swimming pool wouldn't fit into the scenario. The house has been abandoned for, maybe a hundred years, because of the terrible things that has / is happening in there.

Interesting idea. This should be doable. I will give some thoughts.

Thanks to both of you for your help. :thanks:
Not keen on my idea then?
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

rotter wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:14 pmNot keen on my idea then?
Very much keen on your idea, sorry :blush:
But it wouldn't fit the scenario of the game, and then... maybe it would... Hmmm more to think about.
Thank you Rotter :yeah: