Introducing ourselves - Share a little about yourself

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.
Shoujoaddict

Re: Introducing ourselves - Share a little about yourself

Post by Shoujoaddict »

Lumin wrote:Hey Shouj.

Wow, you're still really attached to that cringe username even now, huh.

Anyway, hopefully Beggar will wander over and say hi too. Did you ever get a chance to mess around with the program yet? I could give you some ideas for a couple of basic puzzles to try implementing, although I think the most important thing to get a sense for how traditional IF games work is still just a to play a couple. Doesn't even have to be an ADRIFT game specifically, they almost all handle navigation and object manipulation the same way.
Hi Miz! Or...should I say Lumin in here?

Yeah, I've downloaded Adrift and played around with it a bit. I managed to make my character move, and meet with another character and ask them who they are. Now I'm trying to get them both playing rock paper scissors.

Sure! I would appreciate the ideas, and yes I'll try playing a few traditional IF games to get a feel for it.
Badger_Tu16

Post by Badger_Tu16 »

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie to ADRIFT, I've done a couple image-based CYOAs that I shared on /tg/ and on appropriate subreddits a couple months ago, and I'm now looking for a way to improve my interactive story game.
A Google search for CYOA tools allowed me to discover ADRIFT, and that's how I ended up here! I'm slowly getting acquainted with the possibilities offered by the program, and I hope I'll soon have great stuff to share on this forum.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Welcome Badger :thanks:
I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and that you will be able to find what you're looking for.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 93Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Lumin

Post by Lumin »

I'd been noticing you posting, but let this be an official welcome. :)

Are those CYOAs anything that can be shared? And is this the art you mentioned commissioning before?

(Check your DMs btw.)