Based games

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.
BattleoftheBased

Based games

Post by BattleoftheBased »

So you want to hear about some games that are based?

Shopkeeper - In an ancient kingdom, your family has gone into debt to a powerful clan lord and offended him all at the same time. You are taken from your mountain village to the city and made to run a shop until the debt can be repaid. With the help of a young orphan girl you must work hard, explore the city and talk to citizens to uncover secrets and find the best deals, and maybe even get rich and find love in the process.

Phalanx High Halloween Special - Whatever happened at that high school remains shrouded in mystery to this day. Thirty students were gathered at this facility by the government. Extraordinary students whispered to have powers unimaginable outside of movies and fiction. Then something went wrong, no one knows what, but the school was razed, the remaining students transfered out in secret, and the records were sealed. The mystery has fired imaginations for years and become woven with legend and fiction. This is just one popular telling of the tale.
(This started out as a test game for moving characters and random objects around, but I think it's playable as a real game. Phalanx High is a setting i use for other things, but here you search lockers and desks for useful items and a way out while being hunted by other students and teachers taking on monstrous transformations. )

My Secret Project - it's a secret. It started out a simple joke for CYS, that turned into a complicated joke for CYS.

Something else! - I might do something else, I don't know yet. I'd like to do a small game just to get some feedback while I'm writing on the others. I have a few ideas but nothing for sure yet.
Lumin

Re: Based games

Post by Lumin »

Shopkeeper sounds like something I'd enjoy, but you make it sound like a pretty sizeable game. How much progress have you made?

Glad you're getting the hang of some of the more advanced features for the other one too.
Lumin

Post by Lumin »

And is Shopkeeper the one you showed us the map for?
BattleoftheBased

Post by BattleoftheBased »

Yes that's the one the map was for. I haven't worked on it (or on any of my games) for awhile though.

I may make the Halloween Special for CYS now that there's a puzzle category. But everyone hates items so much over there, and Adrift has characters that are easy to move around so I'm not completely sure.