The Long Way Home

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

The Long Way Home

Post by P/o Prune »

Nov. 18th.

Don't you just hate it when you're working on a project and then suddenly get an idea for another project that's even better? :x
While Oct. 31st. is being beta testet, I had begun working on one of my other games which is long overdue. Well, that was a short lived enterprise :whistle: I came up with this other idea "The Long Way home" and have begun the "coding"
You take the role of a British fighter pilot patrolling the beaches of Dunkirk when you are suddenly jumped by some Messerschmitts. You have to leave your plane and your quest is to make it back to the beaches where you, hopefully, can catch a ride home with one of the ships leaving for England.

The game starts with the player inside the plane right after the ambush. He will have three options.
1: Leave the plane immediately.
2: Try to make it back to England.
3: Head towards France .

Having read the above you'll have found out that no matter what the player does, he will end up in France. But I thought it would be interesting making three different approaches.
I'm still working on the story, what's going to happen next, etc. But so far I've got the getting out of the plane sorted out which wasn't easy, trust me.
I used a variable to keep track of the players movement towards England or France. If he went towards England every move will add 1 to the variable and if he moves towards France every move will deduct 1. So the final value decides where he ends up.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 135Kb (My entry for the parser Comp 2022 :wink: )
David Whyld

Re: The Long Way Home

Post by David Whyld »

P/o Prune wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:02 pm Nov. 18th.

Don't you just hate it when you're working on a project and then suddenly get an idea for another project that's even better? :x
Nah, that totally never happens to me... :?
DazaKiwi

Post by DazaKiwi »

Actually that sounds like a good premise for an Adrift competition! :whistle:

We could use the same starting options.

Code: Select all

The game starts with the player inside the plane right after the ambush. He will have three options.

Would be interesting to see what other players come up with. No location limit or anything but just have to have it finished by say, December 25th 2021 or something?

:anyone:
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

DazaKiwi wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:58 pm Actually that sounds like a good premise for an Adrift competition! :whistle:

We could use the same starting options.

Code: Select all

Would be interesting to see what other players come up with. No location limit or anything but just have to have it finished by say, December 25th 2021 or something?

:anyone:
DazaKiwi, I've sent you a pm.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 135Kb (My entry for the parser Comp 2022 :wink: )