Browser

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.
strajepi

Browser

Post by strajepi »

Hello,

I have started writing on ADRIFT and would like my friends to be able to play it from their browser (so they don't have to install ADRIFT). Is this possible? If not, is there a solution, a software that would allow me to make playable games without an interpreter?
Thank you very much
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Browser

Post by P/o Prune »

Hi.
And welcome to our little corner of the IF universe.
I hope you will enjoy your stay. :yeah:
As for your question regarding a browser. It is possible to export your game as an .exe file thus allowing people to play it without having to install the runner.
However! Bear in mind that the Adrift .exe file may cause a false virus warning.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 93Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Denk

Post by Denk »

strajepi wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:50 am I have started writing on ADRIFT and would like my friends to be able to play it from their browser (so they don't have to install ADRIFT). Is this possible?
Yes, if you upload it as a taf-file or blorb-file to the games section. Playing online has some disadvantages but in most cases it is ok. You can try one of the games in the game section to see if you think it is fine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
strajepi

Post by strajepi »

Thank you very much for your help !